This Disclosure, applies to each account you selected on your GM Financial MyAccount page. Please read this Disclosure carefully and keep a copy for your records.
- Electronic Delivery Disclosures. By accepting these terms, you agree that we may provide you with legal notices and disclosures in electronic format, unless and until you withdraw your consent as described below.
- Method of Providing Disclosures to You in Electronic Form. All notices and disclosures that we provide to you in electronic form will be provided either (1) via e-mail, (2) by access to a website that we will designate in an e-mail notice we send to you at the time the information is available, or (3) by access to a website that we will generally designate in advance for such purpose, when allowed by law.
- How to Withdraw Consent. You may withdraw your consent to receive notices and disclosures in electronic form for any of your accounts by contacting us at 1-800-284-2271. At our discretion, we may treat your provision of an invalid e-mail address, or the subsequent malfunction of a previously valid e-mail address, as a withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic notices or disclosures. We will not impose a fee to process the withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic notices and disclosures. Any withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic notices and disclosures will be effective only after we have a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal.
- How to Update Your Records. It is your responsibility to provide us with current, accurate and complete e-mail address, contact, and other information related to this Disclosure and your account(s), and to maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. You can update contact information (such as your e-mail address) on MyAccount at our website, www.gmfinancial.com, or by contacting us at 1-800-284-2271.
Hardware and Software Requirements. In order to access, view, and retain electronic notices and disclosures that we make available to you, you must have the following hardware and software:
- an Internet browser that supports 128 bit encryption
- sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer's hard drive or other data storage unit
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.1 or higher
- an e-mail account with an internet service provider and e-mail software in order to participate in our electronic Communiations programs; and
- a personal computer (for PC's: Pentium 120 MHz or higher; for Macintosh, Power Mac 9500, Power PC 604 processor 120-MHz Base or higher), operating system and telecommunications connections to the Internet capable of receiving, accessing, displaying, and either printing or storing Communications received from us in electronic form via a plain text-formatted e-mail or by access to our web site using one of the browsers specified above
- To retain an electronic copy of the electronic Billing Statement, your system/device must have the ability to download and store PDF files.
- Requesting Paper Copies. We will not send you a paper copy of any electronic notices and disclosures unless you request it or we otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You can obtain a paper copy of an electronic notice or disclosure by printing it yourself or by requesting that we mail you a paper copy, provided that such request is made within a reasonable time after we first provided the electronic notice or disclosure to you. To request a paper copy, contact us by telephone 1-800-284-2271. We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to provide a paper (instead of electronic) copy of any communication that you have authorized us to provide electronically.
- Communications in Writing. All notices and disclosures in either electronic or paper format from us to you will be considered "in writing." You should print or download for your records, a copy of this Disclosure, your initial authorization to receive electronic notices and disclosures and any changes to that authorization, and any other communication that is important to you.
- Federal Law. You acknowledge and agree that your consent to electronic Communications is being provided in connection with a transaction affecting interstate commerce that is subject to the Federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, and that you and we both intend that the Act apply to the fullest extent possible to validate our ability to conduct business with you by electronic means.
- Termination/Changes. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to discontinue the provision of your electronic Communications, or to terminate or change the terms and conditions on which we provide electronic notices and disclosures. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.
The featured words (ex. Microsoft, Adobe) used to identify the source of goods and services are the registered trademarks of their respective owners example Microsoft Corporation or Adobe Systems Incorporated.
By agreeing to the ESIGN Dicsloure, you
(i) agree that your use of electronic process provided by us to establish your agreement to this Disclosure constitutes your electronic signature and signifies your intent to be bound;
(ii) consent to receive an electronic record of notices and disclosures in lieu of a hard or paper copy or version thereof unless specifically requested (provided that your consent to receive electronic notices or disclosures may be withdrawn as described above); and
(iii) acknowledge and demonstrate your ability to access electronically this Disclosure, electronic notices and disclosures, and your satisfaction of the software and hardware requirements described above.